[Openchrome-users] patching mplayer with xvmc patch

Matteo Brusa matteo.brusa
Thu Jul 26 06:51:43 PDT 2007

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Matteo Brusa wrote:
>> Jelle de Jong wrote:
>>> Hello Matteo,
>>>
>>> If you use a ubuntu series based distribution like, ubuntu, xubuntu,
>>> kubuntu etcetra I can give you some support script, that work like a
>>> charm. (click run done and working)

Thanks for the scripts. It works, i didn't have DRM running on my machine.
One suggestion, add linux-headers-<version> and linux-source to the apt-get line in your script.
I had also to create a symlink under the lib directory.

Now, back to my problem, i was able to play mpeg2 videos with hardware acceleration, *but* the image
is still way from perfect, frames are skipped during action scenes, although mplayer shows no frame
dropped (i'm using -framedrop). Same goes for vlc. Could it be then a problem with the video driver?

I have no clue how to solve this problem, i need a magician.