[Openchrome-users] patching mplayer with xvmc patch

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Jul 26 06:02:44 PDT 2007

Hi,

> - do i need to patch mplayer to use hw acceleration?

Yes, Ivor's patch was never accepted upstream, I don't know exactly why,
so you do need to patch it to make use of the hardware acceleration.

> - what's your favourite command line for mplayer?

Sorry, not using mplayer, basically because it needs to be patched and
because the patch is regularly broken when mplayer svn evolves and
because xine-lib support XvMC VLD acceleration out of the box for ages.

> - what's the tipical cpu load while playing with hw acceleration?

Depends on was you are trying to play, but playing a regular DVD using
xine-lib on a Epia M10K (C3 1 Ghz) uses around 10% CPU. So it should be
even a little lower on a C7 1,2 Ghz.

Shameless plug, could you please try to push your patch in upstream
mplayer, Timothy ? This'll solve once and for all the patching trouble
to everyone.