[Openchrome-users] compilation error

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri Jun 1 04:25:53 PDT 2007

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> I have a new error during compiling, did I forgot something?
> Previous compilations with different versions were fine in the
> past.
>
>   CC [M]  /home/jelle/drm/linux-core/drm_object.o
>   CC [M]  /home/jelle/drm/linux-core/drm_compat.o
> /home/jelle/drm/linux-core/drm_compat.c:190: error: static
> declaration of ?vm_insert_pfn? follows non-static declaration
> include/linux/mm.h:1126: error: previous declaration of
> ?vm_insert_pfn? was here

On what distro is this?  As /usr/include/linux/mm.h does not contain
any definition of vm_insert_pfn() here on Gentoo.  Probably the
linux-headers package was upgraded on your system recently.  Don't
know what to do about that, except deleting by hand the duplicate
definition from /usr/include/linux/mm.h.

By the way, you hijacked a thread: you replied to another mail and
simply changed the subject line.  Please don't do that: instead
start a new message by clicking the mailing list's address.

Benno