[Openchrome-users] Black screen with VIA Chrome9 HC DX9

Tassilo Horn tassilo
Tue Jun 19 08:54:27 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to install ubuntu on a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO La 1703 of a
friend of mine but I cannot get X11 running (except with vesa in 800x640
mode). The graphic chip is VIA Chrome9 HC DX9.

I checked out the experimental branch (that was last week thursday),
compiled it and installed it, but all I get is a black screen. I cannot
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace or change to a console, and even the power button
ACPI won't turn off the computer. All I can do is a hard reset.

The first Xorg.0.log showed that the IDs were unknown so I added them in
the card_ids file, but the results didn't change.

Any ideas what I could try?

I don't care of 3D, but getting 2D working with the TFT's native
resolution (1280x960) would make me very happy. (I recommended my friend
to get rid of the preinstalled M$ Vista home and install linux instead,
so I cannot afford broken graphics. ;-))

Here you can fetch further informations (output of lspci, Xorg.0.log,
xorg.conf) at http://www.tsdh.de/mnb/.

Bye,
Tassilo