[Openchrome-users] Black screen with VIA Chrome9 HC DX9

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Wed Jun 20 02:10:50 PDT 2007

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> I'm trying to install ubuntu on a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO La 1703
> of a friend of mine but I cannot get X11 running (except with
> vesa in 800x640 mode). The graphic chip is VIA Chrome9 HC DX9.
>
> I checked out the experimental branch (that was last week
> thursday), compiled it and installed it, but all I get is a black
> screen.

Comment out the loading of the dri and glx modules.  Add the option
VBEModes "True" to the via Device section.  Also comment out the
DPMS option in the monitor section for the moment.

> I don't care of 3D, but getting 2D working with the TFT's native
> resolution (1280x960) would make me very happy.

But there's no 1280x960 resolution in your list of VESA modes.  And
in your xorg.conf you're setting 1280x800.  Which is right?

Benno