[Openchrome-users] CN700 S-Video output problem

David Losada Gacio david.losadag
Fri Jun 22 08:57:22 PDT 2007

2007/6/21, Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net>:
> Pirlouwi wrote:
> > here is my log file (the last in date).
>
> That log says you're using 720x576Over.
>
> > Apparently as said in my 'man via', the "720x576Noscale" is
> > available, and it is the one I want
>
> You mean it is working now?  If not, comment out any modeline in
> your xorg.conf and specify the above  mode.
>
> Then attach a gzipped (not tarred) log file again.
>
> > > (Please switch off the Reply-To: in your gmail configuration.)
>
> I wish to reply to the list.  Your Reply-To: header tells my mailer
> to reply to you.  Some mailing lists replace the Reply-To: header,
> but the openchrome one doesn't.  But anyhow, when the From: line
> already shows the correct address, there is no _need for a separate
>
> Benno

> Main page:
> http://www.openchrome.org
> Wiki:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org
> User Forum:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1

I am having the same problem (composite output) with my CN700; my
xorg.conf is the same as this:
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/xorg.conf.txt
Using a 21" Philips PAL TV.

As Terry says in this page:
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html
>From this page:
"Set the display mode to "720x576Noscale". See or use my xorg.conf
file. This matches DVB Digital TV and PAL DVD's so no scaling should
be needed to display the data. PAL TV's can just about display this
image with only minor overscan."
So if the "minor overscan" is this behaviour then it is normal; this
resolution can't fit on the TV (but the films looks fantastic!).

Ringmaster