[Openchrome-users] Black screen with VIA Chrome9 HC DX9

Tassilo Horn tassilo
Sat Jun 23 11:34:04 PDT 2007

Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net> writes:

Hi Benno,

> Comment out the loading of the dri and glx modules.  Add the option
> VBEModes "True" to the via Device section.  Also comment out the DPMS
> option in the monitor section for the moment.

I did as you said but still I'm getting the black screen and the
computer freezes. Unfortunately it even doesn't create a Xorg.0.log. I
suspect the other Xorg.0.log I provided on my homepage was not from a
run with the "via" driver, too.

I used the experimental branch that I updated half an hour ago.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  desire  to  be  rewarded  for one's  creativity  does  not  justify
depriving  the world  in  general of  all  or part  of that  creativity.