[Openchrome-users] Slow performance with Flash player#

Gonzalo A. de la Vega gadelavega
Mon Jun 25 05:52:54 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 12:22:50PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Brian Candler wrote:
> > > I'm finding that playback of streaming video with Flash player 9
> > > seems very slow - in the range 1 to 4 frames per second - and I
> > > was just wondering if there's anything I can do to speed it up.
> > > To demonstrate, I use this site:
> > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/video/info.shtml
> >
> > "Broadband content is expensive for the BBC to stream. The BBC has
> > therefore decided to limit access to the BBC broadband content to
> > people in the UK in order to ensure best value for the UK licence
> > fee."
> >
> > That's what I get when clicking the link.
>
> OK, I'll test with Youtube when I get back home tonight, and let you know
> what frame rate that gives.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian.

I only get the effect you are describing (high CPU utilisation) when
EXA is enabled. With EXA disabled Flash videos play smooth, and with
low CPU use. But you don't seem to have EXA enabled and I'm using svn
revision 362 and your Xorg.0.log says you are using svn revision 214.

Gonzalo