[Openchrome-users] Slow performance with Flash player#

Troels Blum troels
Mon Jun 25 07:04:35 PDT 2007

I have had the same experience as Brian with a C3 800Mhz and CLE266
chipset. I tested with both openchrome and the closed source drivers
from via. I finally gave up, and came to the conclusion that flash just
sucks :-( Or actually that the problem was the CPU speed, and not
graphics.

Now I got a new NX1200GE board with a C7 12Mhz and the CX700M" chipset.
I have only tried with openchrome drivers: youtube is now OK, it uses
around 90% CPUtime. A site like carlsberg.dk faster, but still not
smooth.

If anybody has experience getting flash run better on VIA boards I would
be very happy to hear about it.

BTW Brian: How do you measure the frame rate of flash videos?

BR Troels