[Openchrome-users] libxine and XvMC and flicker in full screen

Thomas P Crawford tjeford
Mon Mar 19 21:39:42 PDT 2007

I just upgraded my kernel in Ubuntu 6.10, and reinstalled the via and
drm drivers.  All works fine, but I still have two problems that don't
seem to go away.

1) Xine won't use XvMC, it always bails out.  Can you get xine to use
XvMc?

2) More seriously, I get a narrow flicker line at the bottom line of
videos in full screen.  It does matter whether I'm using XvMC in Mplayer
or xv in Xine.  The flicker line isn't real bad, but it would be nice to
get rid of it.

3) The laptop is a Clevo/Kapok M55S using a the VIA VN800 VT8237
chipset.  I'm running at 1024x768 resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,  Thomas P Crawford