[Openchrome-users] libxine and XvMC and flicker in full screen

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Tue Mar 20 14:28:37 PDT 2007

[Rearranged for legibility.  Please don't top-post.]

Thomas P Crawford wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > You mean you reinstalled the openchrome driver from svn and the
> > drm modules from git, yes?
>
> Yes, I upgraded to via build 305  using svc and also the upgraded
> drm (2.3.0).  However, I got the drm package off cvs. Hmm perhaps
> I didn't get the newest package by not pulling it off with git?

Yes, drm cvs is frozen at the point where it moved to git.

> > What version of xine-lib are you using?  (Here xine-lib-1.1.3.)
>
> I'm using the libxine 1.1.2 build that comes off the Ubuntu
> repositories.

Then you can try pulling a more recent libxine from somewhere, or
file a bug at Ubuntu, or put op with the jittering line.  :)

Also, I don't know whether libxine is the culprit, or maybe ffmpeg,
or still some other package.

Benno