[Openchrome-users] Brightness/contrast controls?

Luc Verhaegen libv
Wed May 2 04:49:16 PDT 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 09:36:02PM -0300, Gonzalo A. de la Vega wrote:

> I'll share my experience FWIW (I'm a telecom engineer, so my programming
> sucks)
> I had a similar problem with my laptop's display, and I ended up "hard"
> conding the contrast/brightnes correction into the driver. I found no
> "comfortable" way of using any X interface to apply a proper colormap (which
> I believe would be the correct way of doing it), every time I tried to
> change the colormap, X complained about me trying to write read only data.
> I understand the solution would be a driver specific thing, but I don't know
> how to do this without violating all the X programming rules.
>
> Gonzalo A. de la Vega

Right, this does need a correct solution. Hardcoding things like this is
not something i personally would ever accept i my code. I wouldn't even
accept an option to linearly alter the ramp.

Luc Verhaegen.