[Openchrome-users] CX700 video

Gabriel Mansi gmansi
Fri May 11 03:25:54 PDT 2007

> Has anyone got XvMC working with this chip?
Not yet, we know it has a different hardware decoder, not sure if it is
backward compatible

> The Xv part seems identical to CN400 / PM800 but XvMC errors on me when
> I just enable the CN400 codepath.
Yes, we found minimal differences (the proReg and minor tweaking), the
code is working on all chipsets with the CME video engine: K8M890,
P4M890, CX700, not tested in P4M900 yet.

> Maybe it's time for Ivor to bring his skills forth.

We have been talking about that in #unichrome

> /Thomas

I started a code cleanup, I added a VideoEngine variable and modified
the xv code, so this code:

if (pVia->ChipId == PCI_CHIP_VT3259 || pVia->ChipId == PCI_CHIP_VT3327
|| pVia->ChipId == PCI_CHIP_VT3336 || pVia->ChipId == PCI_CHIP_VT3157 ||
pVia->ChipId == PCI_CHIP_VT3364)

will be replaced by this:
if (pVia->VideoEngine == VIDEO_ENGINE_CME)

I will commit it when finish my tests.

Regards,
Gabriel.