[Openchrome-users] Issues with VN800

joe junior joependragon
Thu May 17 23:41:17 PDT 2007

Hello,
I have a laptop with the VN800 chipset, and the only driver that I managed
to work was openchrome (and I tried lots of things, and still couldn't find
a way to make framebuffer work), but I still with some issues! If anyone
could help I'd be thankful!

1st- After closing X I get a screen with Scrambled colors or sometimes a
black screen, the keyboard still responsive and I am able to restart X or
reboot! but that's annoying! No console mode after X! That's the major
issue!

2nd- Xv wasn't working till I disabled XvDMA and AGPDMA, is that a problem?
is DMA necessary?

3rd- OpenlGL was hard chrashing, it stopped chrashing after I disabled
AIGLX, but it still with a problem, the GLX apps when running in windowed
mode are kinda messed up, like the frame of the window is misplaced! If I
try to move the window the graphics get messed up and only backs to normal
after I change to fullscreen or closes the app!

well, that's it,
Sorry for my english, and thanks in advance,
Joe

Ps.: Everything was compiled from source, I use GoboLinux, and usually
there's no binary for this distro!