[Openchrome-users] Issues with VN800

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri May 18 02:46:15 PDT 2007

Joe junior wrote:
> I have a laptop with the VN800 chipset, and the only driver that
> I managed to work was openchrome

You're not saying which version of openchrome.  Please attach a
gzipped Xorg.0.log.

For comiling the latest driver you have followed this page:?
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code

According to this page things should be working fine on your chip,
apart from the Xv stuff:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats

> the GLX apps when running in windowed mode are kinda messed up,
> like the frame of the window is misplaced!

This problem has been fixed in Mesa git several weeks ago.  How are
you building Mesa from source that you don't have this fix?

Benno