[Openchrome-users] MPEG 2 decoding on CX700M2

David Shay david
Tue Nov 13 07:26:08 PST 2007

On 9/13/07, Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:

> Vinh Nguyen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been eyeing the EX15000 via board for a home theater project and
> > waiting for the MPEG2 hardware decoding support by openChrome. However
> > from the website this is still not supported yet.
> >
> > I wonder if support for MPEG-2 hardware decoding on the CX700M2 will be
> > coming any time in the future or is it just off the plan?
> >
> Something is being worked on, stay tuned.
>
> X.

Any update on this?  I've made another stab at the idiotic Via drivers with
once again no success.  I can't stand those things.  I've ALWAYS gotten
openchrome working...  And always under the distro *I* want...

Maybe a nice Christmas present....