[Openchrome-users] P4M900 Chrome9 HC IGP ubuntu driver

Robson Mendonça robsonmwoc
Tue Nov 20 17:41:30 PST 2007

Hi,

I am joining this group looking for some orientation to solve my
problem, and maybe of another person too.

I won a Positivo laptop, and hope run the any ubuntu release with it.
I have a P4M900/VT3371 with a VGA compatible controller Chrome9 HC IGP
video chipset.

I compiled the driver from the src, but the driver don't works as I
was hope. In first time after compilation, the gdm login screen work
perfectly, but the computer freezes in a few moments after login. Some
times many lines and squares appear in the screen, like a tv out of
sinal, and then freezes again.

Searching in the google I was find this thread in the ubuntu forums,
and the TuxCrafter recomended me for make this contact to openchrome
developers.

I used this script (openchrome.sh), it works perfectly, but the
problems now changes. The gdm don't works, the screen login don't
appear. If I stop the gdm and run startx in the prompt, the X run and
then freeze.

I thank for some help.

--
Robson Mendon?a