[Openchrome-users] [Announce] openchrome 0.3.0 release candidate

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Oct 20 13:19:12 PDT 2007

> Ok, I was able to give the following a "whirl"
>
> 24 and 16bit:
> 720x480
> 720x480Over
> 720x480Fit
> 720x480Under
>
> The only one that produced a somewhat viewable image was 720x480Fit in
> 16bit.  But the image was jumpy, about 30 times a second I'd guess,
> and it would display the same image in 2 different locations with each
> frame (if that makes sense, like it was alternating frames and image
> locations).  It also only takes up the upper left part of my screen
> (about 1/2 black border on bottom and right of the screen).

I just fixed an error in 720x480Under mode (it missed a line in the
table !). Could you please give this mode a new try please ?

Actually, the patch I committed should just have been an updated version
of what was in the billionmonkey's patch. Therefore, the mode(s) you had
working with billionmonkey should also work with current trunk.
Let's concentrate on the previously working mode(s) at the same color
depth. What were they ?

TV mode setting is done with tables full of hexadecimal. And I have no
idea what's the purpose of each register they're feed to... So we need
to compare the tables until we find what I've messed up.