[Openchrome-users] Corrupted DVd playback with VLC and dvdnav

Aakko userforum
Wed Oct 24 03:00:52 PDT 2007

Corrupted DVd playback with VLC and dvdnav
When I play dvds with VLC I get corrupted playback like this:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4964/vlcsnap12000903ul9.png

Every other type of video i've tried plays just fine. Also if I play the vobs directly the playback is ok. So I'am assuming that the problem is releated to libdvdnav.

I don't know if this problem is caused by OpenChrome-driver, VLC or libdvdnav. Currently I'am using ArchLinux. The problem happens also in all Debian/Ubuntu-variants and OpenSuse. PCLinuxOS is the only distribution I've tried that plays the dvds without corruption.

I have Acer Aspire 1350 -laptop with KM400 chipset. I've tried the default VIA-driver that comes with X and I also compiled the OpenChrome 0.3.0 RC -driver, but it didn't solve the problem.

I also tried Ogle player and it's playback is also similarly corrupted.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=4120#form>