[Openchrome-users] Corrupted DVd playback with VLC and dvdnav

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Oct 24 13:11:28 PDT 2007

Aakko wrote:
> Corrupted DVd playback with VLC and dvdnav
> When I play dvds with VLC I get corrupted playback like this:
>
> http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4964/vlcsnap12000903ul9.png
>
> Every other type of video i've tried plays just fine. Also if I play the vobs directly the playback is ok. So I'am assuming that the problem is releated to libdvdnav.
>
> I don't know if this problem is caused by OpenChrome-driver, VLC or libdvdnav. Currently I'am using ArchLinux. The problem happens also in all Debian/Ubuntu-variants and OpenSuse. PCLinuxOS is the only distribution I've tried that plays the dvds without corruption.
>
> I have Acer Aspire 1350 -laptop with KM400 chipset. I've tried the default VIA-driver that comes with X and I also compiled the OpenChrome 0.3.0 RC -driver, but it didn't solve the problem.
>
> I also tried Ogle player and it's playback is also similarly corrupted.
>
> Does anyone know what could cause this?

Works for me on a KM400A with openchrome 0.2.900 and xine-lib 1.1.7 both
with -V xv and -V xxmc in windowed and fullscreen mode (on Fedora 7, but
that shouldn't matter). I would recommend to switch to xine for testing
DVD playback as this is the software that supports DVD the better and it
has been fully tested with openchrome, which might not be true for VLC
and mplayer.