[Openchrome-users] Cx700 (vt1625) TV output disabled with Option "VBEModes" "true"

harrydb userforum
Thu Oct 25 05:34:31 PDT 2007

Cx700 (vt1625) TV output disabled with Option "VBEModes" "true"
Hi all,
I posted the following on the trac, had anyone experienced this behaviour or know a solution? Also when I use only TV it's kinda jumpy. Harry

---
http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/140
Hi,

When I specify Option "VBEModes" "true" in the xorg config to get my panel to work, the tv output is disabled and crt enabled, even if I select Option "ActiveDevice?" "TV" only. This means a panel and TV can't be used at the same time. When VBEModes is set to false TV works (not entirely correct, but I'll file another bug for that).

This happens on the following hardware: VIA ex10000 board which has a CX700 chipset (vt1625 tv chip if I'm correct).

---
http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/141
When I enable TV output on a cx700 chipset, the resulting image jumps up and down on the TV very fast (as in, I can see the mouse cursor twice).

My tv configuration:

        Option          "ActiveDevice" "TV"
        Option          "TVType" "PAL"
        Option          "TVOutput" "Composite"