[Openchrome-users] Need help with support on ubuntuforum, can't handle the amount of request alone

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Oct 31 15:22:05 PDT 2007

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3671525
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> As you all might know I have been creating openchrome installation
> script for Ubuntu for a while now.
>
> The installation script works perfect and a lot of people are happy with
> it. However a large number is experiencing troubles with the openchrome
> driver, and I do not have enough experience with openchrome to pinpoint
> all there problems to one of the configuration options of the driver.
>
> Therefor I am asking your help to provide some support helping people to
> find there correct settings for the driver.
>
> Example: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3671525&postcount=56
>
> How do you feel about this? Can I count on your support?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jelle

imho, it doesn't make sense to try to support openchrome users outside
of the openchrome-users at openchrome.org mailing list and openchrome's
wiki. There's not a lot of man power in openchrome, it's simply not
possible to duplicate the support effort for every distros out there.
Time would be better spend improving openchrome's documentation.

Also, now that we have a release out, I expect all openchrome package
distro maintainers will switch to it, and they'll instruct their users
to report upstream bugs in openchrome's trac. There's too much more or
less maintained packages around, that are made of more or less ancient
snapshots of various branches. I'm not talking about Ubuntu in
particular here, that's rather the impression I got from what I see on
the net.