[Openchrome-users] Fw: serious problem: possible memory corruption

vpcompany@tiscali.it vpcompany
Sun Apr 6 15:52:14 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:
> vpcompany at tiscali.it wrote:
> > sorry dear list!
> > I've removed your address by mistake.
> >

> > Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:
> >> Try to either disable AGPDMA or update to kernel >= 2.6.25rc7 or
> >> latest drm git tree. openchrome trunk rev >= 557 should do too, as
> >> AGPDMA is disabled by default because of this drm bug.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Xavier
> >>

> > hi Xavier,
> > tried now with agpdma and noxvdma (any combination 1/0)
> > same result: deadlock :(
> >
> > my drm is:
> > [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
> > [drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0
> >
> > sorry but by now I cannot update my kernel
> > I'll update my openchrome asap!
> >
> If adding Option "EnableAGPDMA" "0" to your xorg.conf doesn't help,
> there's no reason updating to latest openchrome does. Even if you
> can't change the whole kernel right now, I'd advice to try to update
> the drm and via modules from latest drm git tree, this will have the
> same effect as moving to 2.6.25rc7.
>
> X.

I've downloaded the "new" drm from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
the resulting via.ko and drm.ko differs (tested with "diff") from my
system originals, but I get again:
dmesg|grep drm
[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0
[drm] Used old pci detect: framebuffer loaded
...as before.

anyway, I played a video with xine in xvmc and got the deadlock.

attached is my actual xorg.log from which you can see my openchrome settings.

kind regards,
Alfa.
if I can do something again, I'll do... you have only to ask.