[Openchrome-users] VIA Announces Open Source Driver Initiative

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Apr 16 16:09:46 PDT 2008

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>>>   I worked recently with a OEM for a "olpc like" computer that has VX800
>>> chipset, and only after almost 2 month telling that it was not working,
>>> we managed to have someone from VIA in the "mail loop".
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what is the pci-id of the board you had in hands ?
>> We don't know yet how the VX800 will identified itself.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>>
>  Sure,
>
>  Actually, I even did a test patch, to a openchrome "trunk"
> svn checkout of like 2 weeks ago, to make it think CX800 was a CX700,
> but it locked...

The VX800 is probably more like a K8M890 or a P4M900 (Chrome9). Only the
mpeg engine is similar to the CX700, but it's not supported anyway.

>  I am even doing better :-) and attaching some other files
> that may be useful. If you need some other information, please
> ask, as we still have one with the OEM team here.
>
> Hope I did not go over any mailing list limit, and this information
> is useful. Also the Xorg version is the one from Mandriva 2008, but
> we tried "cooker" version. And without the option TTLLCD (available
> on the latest binary only driver), the display would look like
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9dV3l0oeA

Try the attached guess work patch. Not sure it'll do any good, but at
least should show you what to tweak to get openchrome working on the
VX800. Most notably the fifo settings are probably completely borked.
Gabriel or Jon would have more insight.