[Openchrome-users] VIA Announces Open Source Driver Initiative

pcpa@mandriva.com.br pcpa
Wed Apr 16 18:06:26 PDT 2008

Quoting Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>:

>>  Actually, I even did a test patch, to a openchrome "trunk"
>> svn checkout of like 2 weeks ago, to make it think CX800 was a CX700,
>> but it locked...
>>
> The VX800 is probably more like a K8M890 or a P4M900 (Chrome9). Only
> the mpeg engine is similar to the CX700, but it's not supported
> anyway.
>
>>  I am even doing better :-) and attaching some other files
>> that may be useful. If you need some other information, please
>> ask, as we still have one with the OEM team here.
>>
>> Hope I did not go over any mailing list limit, and this information
>> is useful. Also the Xorg version is the one from Mandriva 2008, but
>> we tried "cooker" version. And without the option TTLLCD (available
>> on the latest binary only driver), the display would look like
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9dV3l0oeA

  I think I did go over the mailing list limit of 40K, when posting
the Xorg.0.log of a xserver compiled with debug info and from
"startx -- -logverbose 99", and the email to the list is waiting
moderator approval :-)

> Try the attached guess work patch. Not sure it'll do any good, but at
> least should show you what to tweak to get openchrome working on the
> VX800. Most notably the fifo settings are probably completely borked.
> Gabriel or Jon would have more insight.

  Thanks, I will test it tomorrow. BTW the "magic" option for the via
driver is:
  Option "DisplayHardwareLayout" "TTLLCD"

  It works with the vesa driver, but the bios only reports the resolution
640x480 at 8, 16 and 32 bpp, i.e. it is scaling from 640x480 to 800x480.

> Regards,
> Xavier

Paulo