[Openchrome-users] openchrome in 720p

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Aug 28 10:02:15 PDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I got the openchrome driver running on centos 5.2
>
> I have downloaded a sharktale video trailer in 720p.
> When I run the command "mplayer -ao alsa sharktale.avi"
> the video starts up and runs but I see a couple times where
> the video halts.
>
> I am thinking that my X is not full configured yet. The only
> change I made to the generic xorg.conf file was change the driver
> from vesa to openchrome.
>
> Is there something else I need to get smooth playback?
>
> THanks,
>
> Jerry

As already answered in private mail, please attach the xorg conf and
xorg log (compressed). It contains a lot of useful information that you
are not providing.

The CPU might just not be powerful enough to decode the stream. What
does top says when playing the video ? Also, you may want to try with
xine, just to make sure it is not videoplayer related