[Openchrome-users] openchrome in 720p

Jerry Geis geisj
Thu Aug 28 11:08:51 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Jerry Geis wrote:
>
>> I got the openchrome driver running on centos 5.2
>>
>> I have downloaded a sharktale video trailer in 720p.
>> When I run the command "mplayer -ao alsa sharktale.avi"
>> the video starts up and runs but I see a couple times where
>> the video halts.
>>
>> I am thinking that my X is not full configured yet. The only
>> change I made to the generic xorg.conf file was change the driver
>> from vesa to openchrome.
>>
>> Is there something else I need to get smooth playback?
>>
>> THanks,
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> As already answered in private mail, please attach the xorg conf and
> xorg log (compressed). It contains a lot of useful information that you
> are not providing.
>
> The CPU might just not be powerful enough to decode the stream. What
> does top says when playing the video ? Also, you may want to try with
> xine, just to make sure it is not videoplayer related
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

Sorry below is my Xorg file.
jerry
---------------

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "openchrome"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1366x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection