[Openchrome-users] OpenChrome problems with VIA M700/VX800

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Dec 5 13:18:55 PST 2008

Auke Schrijnen wrote:
> L.S.
>
> I've got a VIA Epia M700 board (with the VX800 chipset) and i'm trying to
> get Ubuntu (8.10) up and running with OpenChrome. (I tried the VIA driver
> but then my display goes in powersave mode.)
> The OpenChrome driver (latest svn head) gives a scrambled screen. There is
> some color (you can see the difference with and without gdm started) but
> it looks like there are sync issues and the resolution is 640x480.
>
> The hardware:
> VIA EPIA-M700
> C7 1.5Ghz
> 2GB RAM (256MB for video)
> 24" 1920x1200 (connected with DVI)
>
> I've attached the log and conf as requested on irc.
>
> Auke

DVI output is currently not supported. Your better chance is probably to
use the VGA bios to set the output properly (hopefully). Add Option
"VBEModes" to the device section of your xorg conf.