[Openchrome-users] OpenChrome problems with VIA M700/VX800

Auke Schrijnen auke
Fri Dec 5 11:34:18 PST 2008

L.S.

I've got a VIA Epia M700 board (with the VX800 chipset) and i'm trying to
get Ubuntu (8.10) up and running with OpenChrome. (I tried the VIA driver
but then my display goes in powersave mode.)
The OpenChrome driver (latest svn head) gives a scrambled screen. There is
some color (you can see the difference with and without gdm started) but
it looks like there are sync issues and the resolution is 640x480.

The hardware:
VIA EPIA-M700
C7 1.5Ghz
2GB RAM (256MB for video)
24" 1920x1200 (connected with DVI)

I've attached the log and conf as requested on irc.

Auke