[Openchrome-users] Call for packagers

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Feb 7 10:13:18 PST 2008

Andrey Melentyev wrote:
>> Okay, in SVN AGP DMA is disabled by default now on the K8M800.
>>  Let's wait for Xavier to include this in a 0.2.902 release.
>
> Its not only K8M800 but VN800 too. I thought I did mention it
> somewhere in ticket comments.

I'm not particularly happy with the AGPDMA change for K8M800, it used to
work and I believe the pb is not in openchrome code. Andrey's follow-up
is the perfect example of what will happen next if we follow this path,
disable AGPDMA for VM800. And all chipsets if we continue on this road...
I suspect the problem could be in the kernel (either AGP or DRM), but as
I'm not affected by the pb, I can't try to narrow it down. As it seems
pretty easy to trigger the bad behaviour for those affected, it would be
really interesting to have someone try with various kernel release, say
from 2.6.18 up to 2.6.23 and see if/when the pb disappear.