[Openchrome-users] K8M800 artifacts

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Thu Feb 7 15:16:39 PST 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Andrey Melentyev wrote:
> > Its not only K8M800 but VN800 too. I thought I did mention it
> > somewhere in ticket comments.
>
> I'm not particularly happy with the AGPDMA change for K8M800, it
> used to work and I believe the pb is not in openchrome code.

Hmm, maybe nowadays disabling AGP DMA for the K8M800 is not
necessary, as it doesn't seem to cause lockups any more.  But if
such a risk of lockups is there, I think the right to do is to
switch the option off by default.  Better have a slow system that
works, than one that suddenly locks up after an upgrade.

Andrey, could you please test with which kernel version this
lockup/artifact problem first appeared?  If possible, it would be
nice if you could use git and git-bisect to find the exact commit
that is to blame.

Benno