[Openchrome-users] Call for packagers

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Feb 7 13:20:27 PST 2008

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>> pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>>>
>>>   Mandriva also ships openchrome for some time.
>>>   This text should be enough to give reference for prebuild
>>> binaries for 2006, and proper procedure on newer systems:
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mandriva
>>>   o Mandriva 2006: please visit http://www.mde.djura.org/
>>>   o Mandriva 2007.0 or newer: just run "# urpmi
>>> x11-driver-video-openchrome"
>>> --
>> Are you shipping the driver built from this spec ?
>> http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/contrib-SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?revision=1.1&view=markup
>>

>  The current version is
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/x11-driver-video-openchrome/current/SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?view=log
>
> actually there is an update today.
>
>> I hope there is something newer because this is really outdated...
>> Could you please point me to your cvs/svn/whatever ?
>  The last version for an "official" distro is
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/updates/2008.0/x11-driver-video-openchrome/current/SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?view=log

This is outdated, you should really update to the version from cooker.
Also you might want to apply this patch :
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/xorg-x11-drv-openchrome/F-8/openchrome-0.2.901-P4M900_fifo_settings.patch?view=markup
And also add all the supported chipset to the description.

I'll take a look at the VT1625 patch later, it might be helpful to apply it.