[Openchrome-users] Call for packagers

pcpa@mandriva.com.br pcpa
Thu Feb 7 18:08:16 PST 2008

Quoting Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>:

  Hi,

>>> Are you shipping the driver built from this spec ?
>>> http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/contrib-SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?revision=1.1&view=markup
>>
>>  The current version is
>> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/x11-driver-video-openchrome/current/SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?view=log actually there is an update
>> today.
>>
>>> I hope there is something newer because this is really outdated...
>>> Could you please point me to your cvs/svn/whatever ?
>>  The last version for an "official" distro is
>> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/updates/2008.0/x11-driver-video-openchrome/current/SPECS/x11-driver-video-openchrome.spec?view=log
> This is outdated, you should really update to the version from cooker.
> Also you might want to apply this patch :
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/xorg-x11-drv-openchrome/F-8/openchrome-0.2.901-P4M900_fifo_settings.patch?view=markup
> And also add all the supported chipset to the description.
>
> I'll take a look at the VT1625 patch later, it might be helpful to apply it.

  Thanks. I will either make a backport/update or forward to someone else
that can do it :-)

  BTW, was some openchrome developer able to test on this computer?:

http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/products/prodinfo_2.asp?productid=29

(portuguese only)
http://www.positivoinformatica.com.br/site/mobile_config_v52.htm

  Mandriva made OEMs to computers based on the above laptop that I
believe sold, and still sell a signficantly large number in the
Brazilian market.
  They were shipped with via binary drivers. Actually, I joined again
Mandriva recently (well, almost 6 months now), and never managed to talk
with anybody from via, besides sending mails to contacts at via, clevo
and positivo from time to time.
  The only way I managed to use the openchrome driver (using latest
versions and experimental branch also) on this computer was with the
options "UseVBEModes" and "ShadowFB". Now I only have one version
with an old bios/implementation that doesn't even work with the above
options.

  But now it seems via is no longer working with clevo/positivo and
newer versions will come with sis chipsets, and maybe there will also
exist intel chipsets (but not sure if those will be shipped with Linux
installed)

> Regards,
> Xavier

Paulo