Re: [Openchrome-users] P4M900 VIA Chrome9™ DRI (and XvMC?) not working

J. Dale Gonzalez dale.gonzalez
Sun Feb 10 16:01:22 PST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 6:03 PM, Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net> wrote:
> J. Dale Gonzalez wrote:
> > After a fresh install of Ubuntu, grabbing the latest openchrome
> > trunk and making the patches listed on the P4M900 openchrome wiki
> > page, I've got the openchrome driver, agpgart, drm, xvmc all
> > working - which is really cool.
>
> Good.  It would be nice to see a gzipped Xorg.0.log.

Done.  Attached to this message.  I should have thought to do that.

> XvMC shouldn't be working on your chip, though, according to
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats

Yeah, I wish I had seen that page before I bought the mobo.
Nevertheless, I thought that this link
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=P4M900 meant
that it could be made to work.  I think you'll see in Xorg.0.log that
it "thinks" it's loading the xvmc libraries.

> > glxinfo seg faults, I suspect this is due to an already
> > reported bug in mesa.
>
> Which reported bug do you have in mind?  Whether it was a reported
> bug I don't know, it simply went away one day after an upgrade,
> probably of Mesa.

This is the one I was referring to, but you never know.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/122999  Could be
related to the patch I put into via.ko and drm.ko

> > with sound but the image is viewable.  With openchrome, the image
> > is typically corrupted beyond recognition.  Is this expected or
> > is it likely that I've messed something up?
>
> Don't know.  Someone else with a P4M900 will have to answer that.
>

> Benno

Thanks as always Benno.  I feel like I'm really close.