[Openchrome-users] P4M900 VIA Chrome9™ DRI (and XvMC?) not working

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Tue Feb 12 15:31:20 PST 2008

J. Dale Gonzalez wrote:
> Nevertheless, I thought that this link
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=P4M900
> meant that it could be made to work.

On that page I don't see anything about XvMC.

> I think you'll see in
> Xorg.0.log that it "thinks" it's loading the xvmc libraries.

Yes, it says so for me too, on a KM400.  But if you update your SVN
(revision 528 at the moment), and look further down in your log,
you should see "[XvMC] XvMC is not supported on this chipset."

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/122999

> Could be related to the patch I put into via.ko and drm.ko

Unlikely.  glxinfo used to segfault for me too and works now, so it
will probably work also for you when you upgrade to Hardy later on.

Benno