[Openchrome-users] Driver is producing "artefacts"

Patrick Schoenfeld schoenfeld
Fri Jan 4 03:21:37 PST 2008

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu Siemens K7610 notebook which is equipped with a VIA
Unichrome pro chipset.

lspci:
maggie:~# lspci|grep -i vga
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome
Pro VGA Adapter (rev 01)

I'm not really sure which chipset this is and so I tried both drivers
(trunk and the experimental branch). They both work out of the box like
a charm besides two problemes.

1) On movement, animations and alike some weird
screen effects happen. I have provided a screenshot on how this looks
like, which can be seen here [1]. A copy of the xorg.log is here [2],
xorg.conf here [3].

2) With this driver it is impossible to switch between the Xorg VT and
another VT. The screen of another VT simply stays blank. I've seen there
is a bug report open for this and a possible patch (which is not
applieable to trunk currently) - any proceeding?

Could you tell me if both or at least 1) is fixable by some config setting or if I
should provide a bug report. Also: What additional informations should I
provide?

Thanks and best Regards,
Patrick

[1] http://just-imho.net/xorg/Bildschirmfoto.png