[Openchrome-users] CX700M2 blank screan...

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Jan 4 10:22:18 PST 2008

Damian Kolkowski wrote:
> Dnia pi?tek, 28 grudnia 2007, Xavier Bachelot napisa?:
>> Damian Kolkowski wrote:
>>> Dnia czwartek, 27 grudnia 2007, napisa?e?:
>>> Yep, exactly it is this one, take a look heare:
>>> http://www.comes.com.pl/pico740/spec.htm
>> Pci id added, thx.

>> Fixed in trunk.

>>> Ok, it is in attached.
>>>
>>> One more, when I use openchrome VGA text terminal is fuzzy damaged.
>>> Also direct rendering is set to NO.
>>>
>>> root at localhost ~]# dmesg | grep drm
>>> [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
>>> [drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0
>>> [root at localhost ~]#
>> add
>>          Load  "dri"
>> to module section in xorg conf
>>
>>> ###
>>>
>>> My main point is to have 1000x600 resolution, because on this resolution
>>> in X this 7'' display is useless.
>>>
>>> ###
>>  From what I read, this device is capable of 800x480 only, and that's
>> the resolution that is set. Anything else is doomed to be blurry anyway.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>
> For me its no problem to have blurry screen in 1000x800 res, because I would
> like to have bigger resolution.
>
> This 800x480 is to small for most applications...

As long as you will need VBEModes to properly setup your panel, you
won't be able to use any other resolution than the ones advertised by
the bios. Gabriel is working on fixing this, but only for P4M890 at the
moment.