[Openchrome-users] FC8

Tony Grant tony
Mon Jan 7 03:35:10 PST 2008

Le dimanche 06 janvier 2008 ? 22:30 +0100, Xavier Bachelot a ?crit :
> DRM/DRI? Runs much too slow
> >
> glxgears is not a benchmark. Do you have any evidence that something is
> not running as smooth as it should ?

Usually it is smooth and over 500 fps here it is choppy and under 300fps

> > I found a page  that gave me a list of stuff to install and which I am
> > sure that I will need to compile xine (1.2 for VDR). I can not find the
> > page again!!! Google is not my friend...
> >
> Most of VDR stuff is/will be incorporated into xinelib, if I believe
> what I read on xine-devel mailing list. Meanwhile, you might want to
> take a look at the livna/rpmfusion xine stuff, VDR options might just be
> a compilation flag away, or even already in.

xine-lib 1.2 is in the debian tree it has everything needed for VDR but
you have to compile by hand for FCx

Now the bad news? =:-D

xine is using 30-40% cpu and locking up when I move the window (live
DVB-S stream as source)

What was I doing right when I had 5-10% CPU in xine all those years
ago...

Tony
PS running your latest version now