[Openchrome-users] Artefacts again

Stefan Scheffler stefanscheffler
Tue Jan 8 22:10:04 PST 2008

Hi,

I seem to be getting the same artefacts as those mentioned a few
days ago. My laptop has a K8M800 chip and runs ubuntu hardy.

Sometimes, when the contents of a window change, they gets all messed
up, also when dragging a window around it will jump all over the
place for a second and everything it moved over gets blanked out
(I can't describe this better but it looks pretty wild).
Both happen more or less at random but seem to be more likely under
load or when lots of windows are open.

I tried different revisions of the driver, 415 till current show
this, anything older doesn't run or build.

The driver from unichrome.sf.net seems to works fine.

Could this be related to the xorg version? I don't think I saw
this under gutsy (with xorg 7.2) currently I'm using hardy (xorg 7.3).
I upgraded pretty soon after installing gutsy though so this is just a
guess. Ubuntu doesn't seem to make it easy to downgrade X so I'd
probably have to reinstall the os to verify it.

stefan