[Openchrome-users] Artefacts again

schoenfeld / in-medias-res schoenfeld
Tue Jan 8 23:58:35 PST 2008

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 07:10:04AM +0100, Stefan Scheffler wrote:
> I seem to be getting the same artefacts as those mentioned a few
> days ago. My laptop has a K8M800 chip and runs ubuntu hardy.

I was the one who had the same problems as you. As you eventually
noticed the problem seemed to have solved itself, because the problem
went away after I reinstalled my system (which was borked for different
reasons). Thats at least what I thought at first glance. But in the
meanwhile I additionally changed the VRAM of my chipset. Eventually this
could be in relation to the problem. I had the problems when I had 32 MB
configured, now it is configured to 64MB. I can only suspect this, it's
not proven, but that is certainly something you can try. If it proves to
be true, I'm not sure how to proceed. Feels like a problem in
openchrome, because it shouldn't get into memory problems with 2D
graphics and movements.

OTOH you could disable acceleration with NoAccel. That works as well,
but the overall performance sucks after this.

Best Regards,
Patrick