[Openchrome-users] Artefacts again

schoenfeld / in-medias-res schoenfeld
Wed Jan 9 01:59:38 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:47:31AM +0100, Stefan Scheffler wrote:
> hmm no ..doesn't help here.

Yeah, I know. As i just wrote in another mail, the problem appeared
again :(

> > OTOH you could disable acceleration with NoAccel. That works as well,
> > but the overall performance sucks after this.
> >

> yeah.. that seems to work but is unusable. thanks anyway

Yep. It is really unusable, because its not just "unaccelerated" but
_extremeley_ slow. If I move a window from a to b it takes some seconds
(!!) which it certainly shouldn't.

> I tried disabling certain acceleration features already, but it didn't
> really improve things. Other than slowing everything down. I don't
> really know anything about graphics hardware though, so most were just
> shots in the dark.

Me either. I even tried to do the opposite by using the experimental
accelerator, but that didn't make it better either.

> I'm not really sure if this really has something todo with accell,
> because if I start X first with unichrome then with openchrome it's
> working correctly too.

Eh. Thats sounds very much like coincidence, because I don't see any
relation between the different starts of X. But I can't test this anyway
because unichrome driver does not know about my display/chipset
combination.

Best Regards,
Patrick