[Openchrome-users] OpenChrome on an OQO 02

Karim Yaghmour karim.yaghmour
Tue Jan 15 08:21:20 PST 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Yup, the branch is safe to use as long as you know this is a work in
> progress, that's why it is not in trunk.

Great! I'll give it a try sometime this week and will let you know
what I get.

>>     case VIA_CX700:
>>              /* FIXME:
>>               * Only for testing, this code will be removed
>>               * when randr 1.2 support is added
>>               */
>>              pVia->pBIOSInfo->Panel->IsActive = TRUE ;
>>              pVia->pBIOSInfo->Lvds->IsActive = TRUE ;
>>              pVia->UseLegacyModeSwitch = FALSE ;
>
> Yup, this should be OK.
>
> You probably also have to remove line 1538 from via_driver.c (randr rev.
> 501). Gabriel, can you confirm this is all that is needed to enable your
> new panel code on CX700 ?

Will wait for Gabriel's input and will definitely give this a spin.

> The randr branch should fit #2 and #3, there's no support for DVI in any
> of the branches yet. The only way to have DVI currently is to rely on
> the VGA bios by setting VBEModes to true and this will prevent the
> driver from driving the other outputs properly.

Hmm ok. Will look into this.

> Gabriel is working on this, he'll give you more accurate answers.

Ok, looking forward to it.

Thanks again for your help.

Karim