[Openchrome-users] regressions from svn 462:500

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Tue Jan 15 15:23:14 PST 2008

Forest Bond wrote:
> BIOS bugs are quite common, I've found.  I'm not ruling out Xorg,
> I just feel that it is more likely a BIOS bug, but I could be
> wrong.

It's just that I don't see how it could be the BIOS as it's not
being used when the openchrome driver is running.

> Well, I checked 462 again, and it does work.
>
> The problem is that I checked 500 again after that, and it also
> seems to (mostly) work.

That's what I hoped for.  :)  Mistakes are human.

> There is one minor regression from 462:500 that I am sure about.
> Previously, with 462, my mouse cursor had a bluish tint to it.  I
> did 'Option "HWCursor" "false"' and that seemed to fix things.
> It no longer fixes things with r500.

The HWCursor option is gone and does nothing (you can check in your
log), as it was redundant.  Use 'Option "SWCursor" "true"' instead.

> With a different cable, the problem is occuring again.  The
> problem is not specific to this cable.

Weird.  Maybe wrong impedance cables?

Benno