[Openchrome-users] P4M900, ASUS P5VD2-VM SE Motherboard, Ubuntu Gutsy openchrome display problem

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Jan 17 12:44:42 PST 2008

J. Dale Gonzalez wrote:
> I think I've successfully built and installed the openchrome drivers,
> DRM and AGPGART.  I'm having a problem when using the drivers though.
> My display appears as if every other scan line is shifted.   The
> result is diagonal, white blocks across the screen and a strange
> ghosting of the image.  I've attached the output of Xorg.0.log and can
> attach a screenshot if that would help.

For whatever reason, you're running the experimental branch, and this is
not good. Please update to latest revision of trunk, I've committed a
fix for P4M900 this afternoon and I've just added the pci id for your board.