[Openchrome-users] Openchrome on OBSD 4.2 working

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri Jan 18 12:58:01 PST 2008

mrdubya wrote:
> I did a clean checkout, build on a joe bloggs user account and
> the install as root.  After this the svnversion.h.tmp file was
> owned by root, so I assume the install process is regenerating
> the .tmp file for some reason.

Hmm, now I get it.  It says '.PHONY: svnversion.h' in Makefile.am,
meaning that svnversion.h.tmp gets recreated every time 'make' is
run.  The second time it doesn't get moved because its contents are
equal to the already existing svnversion.h, so it stays.

Simple solution is: remove the .PHONY target (which is wrong anyhow,
as svnversion.h is a real file, not a fake target name).  But then
svnversion.h would never get regenerated.  To achieve that, it
should depend on all source files: ($openchrome_drv_la_SOURCES).
Does that sound right?

Benno