[Openchrome-users] Openchrome on OBSD 4.2 working

mrdubya userforum
Sun Jan 27 08:31:31 PST 2008

Re: Openchrome on OBSD 4.2 working
> mrdubya wrote:
> > I did a clean checkout, build on a joe bloggs user account and
> > the install as root.  After this the svnversion.h.tmp file was
> > owned by root, so I assume the install process is regenerating
> > the .tmp file for some reason.
>
> Hmm, now I get it.  It says '.PHONY: svnversion.h' in Makefile.am,
> meaning that svnversion.h.tmp gets recreated every time 'make' is
> run.  The second time it doesn't get moved because its contents are
> equal to the already existing svnversion.h, so it stays.
>
> Simple solution is: remove the .PHONY target (which is wrong anyhow,
> as svnversion.h is a real file, not a fake target name).  But then
> svnversion.h would never get regenerated.  To achieve that, it
> should depend on all source files: ($openchrome_drv_la_SOURCES).
> Does that sound right?

It does, and trying it out this morning it works. It is just a minor annoyance but ti would be great if this could be fixed.

Many thanks for all the replies.

MW

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4651&comments_parentId=4442&post_reply=1#form>