[Openchrome-users] P4M900, ASUS P5VD2-VM SE Motherboard, Ubuntu Gutsy openchrome display problem

Marco Pieruccetti pieru
Fri Jan 18 12:56:29 PST 2008

J. Dale Gonzalez wrote:
> Rebuilt from trunk and openchrome is now running well.  Thanks for
> your help Xavier.

>> J. Dale Gonzalez wrote:
>>
>>> Marco, those shots are exactly what I'm seeing.  Nice to know I'm not
>>> the only one.

Hi Guys,
so i can say that experimental trunk works for me too !!!! :-)
Now we are three people with same result in video (garbled) out with
latest stable release:

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00719kc1.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00720vp6.jpg

and resolved with experimental branch:

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00726ic9.jpg	(sorry for focus)

Before me, Dale Gonzalez and Alexis "cd2k1":

/"....Looking at your screenshot, I had the same problem. Now with the
experimental driver it runs smooth  :)  ..."

/So, maybe something is improved for our chipset in this trunk... at least, for us. With same symptoms (screenshots), same release... ;-)

Thanks,

Marco Pieruccetti.

PS: To obtain same kind of 3D accel... nothing for now ? No hope to get Compiz on our desktops ?
Bye