[Openchrome-users] Problem with Chrome9 HC and current trunk

Vedran Rodic vrodic
Sat Jan 19 09:53:58 PST 2008

Hi

I was trying to make a Chrome9 HC laptop to work with the openchrome driver.

The version is current trunk  (revision 516). It sets the resolution
and runs, but the screen gets some kind of corruption. Most of the
area is displayed correctly but there are some vertical corruption
bars on some parts of the screen. Unfortunately I don't have a camera
right now, but I'm sure that the corruption is much less severe than
one reported here earlier
(http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00719kc1.jpg)

The info about the machine is at bljak.org/~vedran/vladek/ (lspci,
hwinfo and kernel logs). The machine has a wide screen display at
1280x800, and it's currently running vesa driver at 1024x760 without
artifacts. When I run it with the vesa and 1280x800 resolution, it
exhibits similar corruption problems as the "openchrome" driver.

Thanks

Vedran