[Openchrome-users] regressions from svn 462:500

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Jan 21 13:17:52 PST 2008

Forest Bond wrote:
> > Forest Bond wrote:
> > > * Subtle artifacts around UI elements (funny pixels, etc.).
> > > * Long horizontal lines where there shouldn't be any.
>
> The problem can be avoided by booting the machine with the
> display disconnected, and connecting the display afterwards.

Have you compared the Xorg logs of a connected boot and a
disconnected boot?

> Is it possible that it is not the graphics chip that is in a
> weird state, but the display itself?  Could BIOS or X
> initialization cause the display itself to produce the artifacts,

Sounds weird.  But the way to find out is to try it with different
displays, different cables, different boxes.

I've lost by now what your precise setup is.  Please start a new
tread and post a new Xorg log (of current SVN) and your current
config file.

Benno