[Openchrome-users] Resolution

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Jan 23 13:20:29 PST 2008

Crash wrote:
> Re: Resolution
>
>> Remove "VBEModes", this is already implied by "ActiveDevice" "LCD" for a
>> P4M900.
>> Remove "SWCursor" unless you see cursor corruption without it.
>> Remove "ForcePanel", this is already implied by "ActiveDevice" "LCD"
>> Remove "EnableAGPDMA", the default for P4M900 is off, forcing it to on
>> is probably not safe currently.
>> Remove BusID, this is unneeded unless you have multiple graphic cards.
>>
>> Please have a look at the man page for some explanations on the options.
>>

> ok done ..but I need SWCurser on coz otherwise I dont see the cursor

Ok

> see attachment for the log

Hmm some VBE oddity. 1280x800 is in the list of available VBE modes, but
it later refuses to use it because it doesn't exist...
Your xorg.conf only activate the laptop Panel, while your bios seems to
be set to enable more than that. Try to set the bios to use panel only.
This is just a random try, not sure it'll do anything.
Please provide a new log once this is done.

Alternatively, I may have yet another thing to try. We'll see that later.